Thursday, September 27, 2018

Clean up time. The puzzle begins..

The horn's paint came off with a wipe. It wasn't keyed on at all. The cover condition and screws are perfect. I wondered if it was NOS (at one time). When this bike was being restored there was a lot of parts around. Going further back, C1973 Valentines Army Surplus, Hamilton, NZ had large quantity of NOS spares. Earlier they even had whole bikes in the crate.



The rear fender/guard cleaned up OK. The licence plate bracket is hand made.


Wiring has Lucas style connectors. Wire colors are also Lucas. C1970


The front end survived well> Most of the grease nipples are missing. I recall the previous owner saying he put them away safely, then forgot where they were. They are 5/16" fine thread. I need to source these.

36Tooth. Obvious need for replacement. Pondering about whether to gear up slightly. It's 3 speed after all. The brakes are what they are, faster cruising speed might not be appreciated. Hill climbing would also suffer.

Good looking seat with a few repairs to the pan.

I've no idea what I did with the key but I found this one amongst my large selection of odd keys. It's a numbered lock and the key matches. The toolbox is a repop from 20+ years ago. Upon opening, I found a T-shirt and a joining link.



No comments:

Post a Comment