Thursday, January 17, 2019

Drive sprocket

I decided to increase the overall gear ratio slightly to a 15 tooth drive sprocket. Pulling off the original 14T sprocket I noted it was a nice firm fit.





The kickstart was missing a washer from the spring so I made one to suit. I could see witness marking of where the spring had been walking over the sprocket nut face. The washer I made has a small shoulder to hold the spring captive, is 3/4" I.D. and abuts the step in the mainshaft. There isn't much room so the washer/spacer needs to be quite thin.

I found the points wire had nearly broken off completely. It was holding by a single strand. It was a good find as that could have broken away on the road. I soldered the terminal after tinning the wire first. Most importantly the wire insulation is captive by the terminal "clamp".

No comments:

Post a Comment